Athletic Spectator Guidelines
Balboa High School Athletic Program follows the sportsmanship, ethics, and integrity guidelines put forth by the National Federation, California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) and Academic Athletic Association (AAA).
All spectators must adhere to the following guidelines:
1. All spectators must remain in their seats at all times. Spectators are not allowed on the field or gym floor. Travel to and from restrooms and/or snack bar are exceptions.
2. All spectators will respect opposing fans, coaches and players.
3. All spectators will respect our coach and players. Spectators will not shout out instructions from the sidelines, tell the team or players what to do or berate our players for their errors. Spectators will let the coach do the coaching and the players do the playing.
4. Positive cheers, praise, and signs are allowed and encouraged.
5. Spectators are encouraged to recognize outstanding performances on both teams.
6. Team benches are for official players in uniform, coaches and designated manager(s) only.
7. Negative or antagonizing remarks towards officials, players or other fans are not allowed and will not be tolerated.
8. Using profanity and/or foul language is not acceptable at Balboa High School.
9. Food or drinks are not allowed in the gymnasium.
10. Radios, smoking, alcohol, other illegal substances, as well as weapons or harmful objects are not allowed on school property. Violators will be cited and prosecuted.
11. Spectators are requested to follow the directions of all school related officials. This includes Administrators, Teachers, Coaches, Security Personnel and Maintenance staff.
12. Spectators are requested to maintain positive enthusiasm throughout the game. Have fun, be a fan, not a fanatic.
*Violation of any of the above guidelines may be cause for dismissal from the game as well as the school grounds. Balboa High reserves the right to refuse admission as well as remove spectators at any time. Thank you for your support and cooperation!